Elite Open School is a fully WASC and Cognia accredited middle and high school, and is a part of the Elite Education Group family of education services and schools. Elite Education Group has been an industry founder and leader with a focus on college preparation since 1987. Affiliate schools and education partners like ECA use EOS Core Academics to augment the specialized experience such as Creative Arts.
“Our mission is to provide students with a challenging academic environment that promotes personal growth and discipline, develops the knowledge and skills necessary to unlock their academic potential, and ultimately assists them in gaining admission to the colleges and universities of their choice. Furthermore, we believe in instilling a passion for learning and promoting high standards of academic ambition in our students, encouraging them to develop their talents and passions so that they may reach their full potential both academically and personally.”
“To give students and their families the freedom and support to pursue their dreams without sacrificing quality education.”
- Willingness to struggle for intellectual growth with delayed gratification/result
- Capacity to successfully operate at a college level with career foundations and learning skills built over time
- Achievement of global standards for admission to American Top 100 Schools or Global equivalent
- Integration of technology to improve the efficiency of knowledge resources and study tools
- Leveraging of classic learning methods in areas insufficiently addressed by technology
- Leveraging problem solving skills in effective leadership roles to innovate solutions and inspire change in one’s community
- Placing as much importance on asking the right questions as giving the right answers
- Approaching every challenge or obstacle as an opportunity
- Leveraging media, technology, and literature to build and improve one’s self
- Having a growth mindset, instead of a fixed mindset
- Prioritizing creativity and innovation over blind tradition and methods
- Ability to conquer fear of failure and see drawbacks as learning opportunities
- Taking action instead of simply reacting to one’s surroundings
- Self-reflection for personal growth
- Ability to assess multiple perspectives, beyond one’s own
- Having the diversity of skills, experiences, and knowledge to lead a technologically driven future
- Leading proactively with actions over words
- Personal responsibility with a focus on self-improvement, not blame
- Impacting local communities while thinking globally
- Understanding and acting on behalf of causes greater than one’s self
- Effectively managing one’s time
- Possessing the initiative to work independently AND collaboratively to apply learned concepts
- Setting and accomplishing goals while building a solid work ethic
- Integrating Technology into the achievement of personal goals
- Integrating media and technology in promotion of ideas
- Mastering spoken, written, and non-verbal communication
- Embracing second and third language, including coding
- Possessing beyond grammar skill but systematic thinking and impactful language
- Showing ability to speak thoughts and feelings clearly and confidently – a growingly rare quality
- Leveraging technology to empower communication globally with peers across the world
- Ability to Work in teams of diverse backgrounds (race, ages, class, creed, etc)
- Understanding that the world is becoming closer and smaller due to technology, thus being equipped to bring diverse people’s efforts together
- Knowing that future problems won’t be solved by individuals but by teams
Why Choose a School Powered by EOS?
The Elite Open School teaching methods, education standards, and curriculum enable the effective delivery of a middle and high school academic experience that conforms to UC-approved graduation requirements. It ensures thorough college preparation, backed by years of experience from Elite Education Group, while freeing up instructional hours for the pursuit of less traditional subjects and passions. It is the ideal platform that pairs the flexibility of our approach to education with the quality of a top college-bound program.
Why Choose a Blended Education?
At EOS we promoted blended learning because students should maximize the benefits of both digital content and the classic in-person learning and human connection that cannot be beat. One cannot come at the expense of the other, and we believe in leveraging these two mediums. We wish to develop the interpersonal skills and team based accountability students get with a live teaching and learning dynamic. However, we do not want students to be bogged down by the analog methods of content acquisition of the past. Nor do we wish for students to aimlessly click around, left to navigate the digital curriculum on their own. This most often leads to a few stellar, disciplined students succeeding while the vast majority of students struggle. We incorporate live instruction within dynamic learning environments to develop interpersonal skills and institute group-based accountability. Students at EOS will experience the right balance of the classical and the digital.
Why Choose an Education Backed by Elite Education Group?
Since 1987, Elite Education Group has been working with students and families to achieve their education dreams and admission goals. Serving tens of thousands of students annually in 50+ campuses in 7 countries, Elite Prep, as it is commonly known, is a powerhouse in supplemental college preparatory education and college admissions counseling. As the sister organization of both ECA and EOS, Elite Education Group provides a wealth of experience and knowledge about college entrance and long term academic preparation. ECA parents and students no longer need to search for third party admissions consulting. The best third party service for the past 30 years is now the primary service. Elite knows how to get students into college, and our ECA students stand to gain much from that support.
At EOS, student assessments present a useful tool for gauging student aptitude throughout the enrollment process. For the initial application to be admitted to the EOS School of Film & Entertainment, EOS will accept, and sometimes require, the Duolingo English Test, SSAT, PSAT, SAT or ACT. Through our partner organization, Elite Prep, we also offer an extensive range of diagnostic assessments throughout the school year. In accordance with accreditation standards, all EOS students will also have their progress tracked against regional and national standards through the iReady assessment system. By utilizing regular assessments in addition to semester grades, EOS is able to calibrate a student’s trajectory relative to his or her goals while logging a repository of information to evaluate growth for parents and families.